Working out at home is a significant benefit of exercise equipment. There are plenty of machines to add to your list of home gym must-haves, but one of the most important is elliptical cross-trainers. But first, get to know more about this equipment, how it can help with your fitness goals, and how to choose the elliptical under 500 options in the market.
Elliptical Cross Trainers And Its Benefits
The elliptical trainer is one of the most used cardio machines in most gyms. This is one of the most vital machines if you plan to build your home gym. This machine offers plenty of benefits who use it. Some of the most commonly reported benefits of using this exercise machine are the following:
- Improve your cardio capacity.
- Boost your stamina.
- Aid in weight loss.
- Less stress on joints.
- Improves your balance.
- Works the upper and lower body.
Tips In Choosing Elliptical Trainers
Now that you know the benefits of using elliptical cross trainers, it is time to learn how to pick the best one in the market. There are plenty to choose from, but certain factors to consider when buying one online.
- Flywheel Weight. The weight of the flywheel affects how smooth, comfortable, and easy it is to pedal the machine. Take note that the heavier the flywheel is, the more resistance you’ll have to deal with when trying to speed up. That is because the flywheel weight determines the speed and acceleration resistance of the machine.
- Stride Length. This is also important to consider when choosing an elliptical bike. The stride length affects how your legs move and how comfortable it would be to pedal. Remember that the size of the elliptical machine will affect the stride length. If the elliptical is smaller, then the strides are shorter too. That means elliptical machines that are longer will take up more space too.
- Resistance: Mechanical vs. Magnetic. In an elliptical, you must manually turn a wheel to change the “mechanical resistance.” On the other hand, you use the console to change the “magnetic resistance.” The latter is much preferred because it’s easier to use. It also lets you follow your aerobic workout routines that require a change in resistance.
- Max User Weight. Regarding the maximum weight it can hold, the ellipticals have specifics. Entry-level ellipticals can carry between 90kg and 100kg. The medium- and high-end ellipticals can hold between 130kg and 150kg.
Best Elliptical Cross Trainers Under $500
The price of the elliptical cross trainers varies as well. If your budget is about $500, there are some excellent options. There are elliptical cross trainers that you can get for this affordable price. But you have to remember that the cost of the machine will also depend on the factors mentioned above.
Never settle for anything less because most of the time, you get what you paid for. Check out reviews before adding items to your online cart. You must be sure that the elliptical machine you purchase is precisely what you need for your fitness goals.